Monday, September 20, 2010

Faux Watercolor


I made this card for my sister-in-law's birthday which we celebrated this weekend.  I used the stamp set Inspired by Nature and colored the flower and stem with markers.  Before I stamped it on watercolor paper, I gave the stamp a light spritz of water and then stamped.  This technique gives the image a "watercolored" effect.  My favorite stamp set Afterthoughts is making its weekly appearance.  This card is 3.5" x 6".  I like this size; it's great for images that are long.

Stampin' Up Supplies Used:

Stamps:  Inspired by Nature, Afterthoughts, Tiny Tags
Ink:  Pink Pirouette, Pink Passion (Retired), Old Olive, Versamark, Early Espresso
Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Watercolor, Early Espresso
Accessories:  Linen Thread, White Embossing Powder, Jewelry Tag Medium Punch, Paper Piercer

No comments:

Post a Comment